How to connect your devices to Prime benefits
You just unboxed a new Amazon device and are excited to explore — how do you get started? Learn how to connect your devices to Prime so you can easily read, watch and listen to exclusive Prime member content from just about anywhere.
You can access Prime Music with an Alexa-enabled device, Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, or Fire Tablet but also with Sonos, iPhone, Android phones and tablets, PC/MAC, web browsers, smart TVs, and even some cars. Access thousands of playlists, stations, and songs anytime and from anywhere. Your listening is uninterrupted, ad-free, and on-demand with unlimited skips and offline playback.
How to connect?
- For mobile devices, download and launch the Amazon Music app on your device, then sign in using information for your primary Amazon account.
- For Alexa-enabled devices, just ask, “Alexa, play music” or ask for your favorite song, artist, or album.
- For Fire TV Voice Remote, simply press the microphone button on the Alexa Voice Remote and request a song. And with no Voice Remote, just navigate to Your Apps and Games.
Prime Reading is a free Prime benefit with an unlimited reading of over 1,000 books, magazines, comics, Kindle Singles, and more. It’s your 24/7 library at your fingertips — anytime and anywhere. Read with your Kindle, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, or Kindle Oasis, or access Prime Reading on other devices. Just download the free Kindle app for use on your iOS or Android smartphone or tablet. With Amazon’s Whispersync technology, you’ll be able to pick up where you stopped reading if you switch between your Kindle and Kindle app on your other devices.
How to connect?
From the Kindle app:
- Launch the Kindle app on your device.
- Sign in using information for your preferred Amazon account.
- Click the “Get started” button on the next screen, then click “OK” in the pop-up window introducing you to Prime Reading.
- In the “Discover New Books” screen, you can find Prime Reading content by looking for the Prime logo on eligible titles.
From a Kindle device, simply look for the Prime logo on eligible titles.
How to connect?
From a living room device:
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app or download it from your living room device’s app store.
- Register your device by selecting “sign in and start watching” to enter your account information directly on your device or choose “register on the Amazon website” to get a 5–6 character code to enter in your account.
From a mobile phone or tablet, download the Amazon Prime Video app, sign in and start streaming.
Learn more about how to connect compatible devices.
Let the fun begin for your kids! Each Fire Kids Edition Tablet includes a free one-year subscription of FreeTime Unlimited, an all-in-one subscription that gives you unlimited access to thousands of kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps and games. All other Fire tablets have the FreeTime app installed, which includes a free one-month trial and special Prime-member pricing.
Follow the parent resource guide to get started.
Whether it’s your first or fifth Echo, Echo Dot or Echo Spot, start talking to Alexa within minutes of unboxing the personal assistan
How to connect?
- Download the Alexa app and sign in. You’ll now be able to set up your device, manage your alarms, music, shopping lists and more.
- Turn on your Alexa-enabled device. Place it in a central location (at least eight inches from any walls and windows). Then, plug the included power adapter into the device and then into a power outlet. The light ring on the device turns blue, then orange. When the light turns orange, Alexa will greet you.
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network by following the instructions in the Alexa app.
Tip: Just like the Echo devices, use your Alexa Voice Remote for Fire TV and Fire TV Stick to check sports scores or the weather, play music and more. You can try things like:
“Alexa, play classic rock music”
“Alexa, play upbeat pop”
“Alexa, play hip hop classics”
“Alexa, play Foo Fighters”
“Alexa, play soul music”
Amazon Photos allows you to build better connections with friends and family through the power of shareable images. Prime members get unlimited, full-resolution photo storage and can trust that memories will remain secure for decades to come. Relive and share memories on personal devices and Amazon smart screen devices like Echo Show and Fire TV, and create gifts and keepsakes with favorite images printed on greeting cards, calendars and photo books.
Now that we’ve covered the essentials, are you still looking for additional help connecting or troubleshooting your device? Please visit Amazon Device Support or visit the following resources below: